Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

lost combination to my safe mo. bd490646

Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Is this a Sentry safe? If so, the number you included seems to be the serial number. Do you know the model number? It would be shorter and begin with 1-3 letters followed by 4 numbers.

Does your safe have a combination or electronic lock?

Does it also require a key to open?

Thanks for all your additional information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it is a sentry safe no mo. # XXXXX no key

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

For your protection and security, safe combinations are not available on the internet. However, you can contact Sentry to request your existing factory-set combination, here:

You will need to give them your model number (usually located near the hinge of the door) and serial number, and you will also need to fill out a notary form to confirm safe ownership and prove your identity. Just click on 'Download Notary Form' from the link above, or for your convenience, you can also easily access it here:

If you need to contact Sentry's Customer Care Center for any further questions or technical troubleshooting information, you can do so, here:

For your convenience, here are their Customer Service phone and Fax numbers:

Customer Service: 1-800-828-1438 (hours are 8AM-6PM Monday through Friday, Eastern time, but are subject to change).

Fax: 585-381-2940

If there is any chance your original factory set combination has been changed, Sentry will still be able to provide you with the original combination; however, if your situation is an emergency and you need to open your safe immediately, you also have the option of calling a local locksmith/safe technician to help you open your safe, for a fee. The technician can also call Sentry for you, you will still need to prove safe ownership, and the technician might be able to get the combination for you on the spot; however, this might save some time, but you will have to pay a higher fee than if you requested your combination directly from the manufacturer (Sentry charges $20 to retrieve your original combination). You can try this company, to find a locksmith/safe technician in your area, if you decide to go that way:

I wish you much good luck with your safe!

Please let me know if you have other questions or need any additional information by clicking 'Reply'.

Only if you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click on 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,