Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant
Experience:  Jack of all trades. I know a little bit about a lot of bit.
61965098
Type Your Question Here...

Why is it important for a supervisor to take care of customer

Why is it important for a supervisor to take care of customer complaints?
Category: General
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 4 years ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. I will be happy to assist you.

It is important to handle all customer complaints because most, if not all businesses are driven by customers. One of the driving factors of getting more customers is word-of-mouth. If you have a customer that has an issue and you don't take care of them/resolve their issue, they are more than likely going to tell all their friends that your business is subpar. They in turn tell their friends and this reduces your customer basis.

A customer that is well taken care of especially when they have complaints will provide you with free advertising essentially. Even though they had an issue, you were able to resolve it so that keeps them happy and they will tell their friends how you have helped them.

I hope this helps, if you need further assistance please let me know!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the answer. What I am wondering too, is if this is something that a supervisor should delegate or take care of themselves?
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 4 years ago.
The answer is situation dependant. A supervisor is not exempt from work when required.

I will give you two situations.

Situation 1,

Supervisor notices bathrooms are out of order. He has two workers on the floor and one is idle. He therefore tasks the idle worker to get the bathrooms back in order.

Situation 2,

Supervisor notices bathrooms are out of order. Both his workers are thoroughly employed. In this situation a supervisor can take care of the bathrooms himself. With that being said if the bathroom's are barely used, he can wait till one of his workers are idle to delegate it.

A supervisor is paid to manage people, not perform the tasks. However, if there was a situation where his employees are over worked that it would be okay for the supervisor to step in and lend a hand.

I hope this better answers your question and as always if you have further questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Sijad