JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
Type Your Question Here...

My accountant didnt call my husband back week.

My accountant didn't call my husband back week. Should we get a new accountant? We have complicated taxes and business in delaware so it is not a easy choice. He used to get $2000 to do our taxes but our income is down 70% this year.

We are on extention to do our taxed in may.
Category: General
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your experience.

Please clarify: did the taxes get filed on time or did you do an extension?

Why was the accountant supposed to call back?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We had an extension.

My husband asked him a question about my mom who has suddenly developed bad alzeimers. It was about money.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We had his father doing out taxes and he inherited out business. We lost some money due to the accountant having a learning curve learning about delaware business when we are living in new york.

Meaning the accountant made some mistakes that cost us alot of money, but I don't know how much. I forget. I write it off due to learning curve.
Thank you.

Because Tuesday was the deadline for the filing of taxes, I am not surprised to learn that the accountant didn't return his call right away.

What you've described is unprofessional but it's understandable given the timing.

Your husband may want to place the call again now. So long as the accountant isn't the hospital, etc. the call should be returned within two business days. If the call is not returned then you may want to consider using an accountant who is more responsive to their clients.