Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Type Your Question Here...

When did the legistors enact the bill that dismissed old DWI

When did the legistors enact the bill that dismissed old DWI from drivers licenses.
Category: General
Expert:  Patience replied 4 years ago.
Hi- Could you pls tell us the state of residence where you have your driver's license? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is the State of Kansas, I need to know when it took effect, what years are to be dismissed. All additional info you can supply
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When you findout the requested info please E-Mail me with results.
Expert:  Patience replied 4 years ago.
Hi- Thanks for waiting.

Changes affecting DUIs were made by the Kansas Legislature during the 2011 Legislative Session (ended 5/13/11) .

Law KSA 21-4619 states that convictions for DUI can be expunged (erased) 10 years after satisfying the terms of the sentencing, including probation. However, commercial DUI convictions cannot be expunged.Prior to this amendment, there was no expungement for DUI.

Also, lifetime look back is now limited to convictions beginning July 1, 2001, so only those convictions beginning July 1, 2001, may be used to charge a second, third, or fourth and subsequent DUI offense.

Please click on ACCEPT or give feedback so that I can receive credit for my time. Feel free to ask any clarifying questions as well.

Take care and good luck! Patience P.
Expert:  Patience replied 4 years ago.
Here's hoping all is well. Please let me know if you need further help! Patience P.