Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Type Your Question Here...

Hp Photosmart Plus E-all-in-one B210 Series Ink System Failure

Customer Question

Hp Photosmart Plus E-all-in-one B210 Series Ink System Failure Oxc19a0020
Category: General
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. I can assist you with your question.

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Are you using HP Brand Original (not refilled) cartridges?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unsure. Bot package of 5 # 564XL w/chip from Ebay.
Those aren't original cartridges. And this is very common when third party or refilled cartridges are purchased. There is a chip already on original cartridges to control the quality of the print and they last for the life of the cartridge. Cartridges sold like this are "grey market" and should not be used in your printer. As much as I wish this were not the case, you do have to use new, original HP brand cartridges, otherwise these errors will occur. What's worse is they can damage your printer, and your warranty won't cover it.

I used to be very anti-manufacturer when it came to ink because that's really where the companies make their money. But experience after experience has told me that the truth is, that you shouldn't use anything else in your printer - you never know what you're getting and it will cost you more in the long-term. Think of it as buying "refilled" quarts of oil from eBay for your car.

In fact, I would suggest you take them out immediately and ask for a refund, and replace them with the real thing.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I used 2 of these cartridges and had absolutely no problems. When they were empty I put in another and when that was empty I put in another and the third one also worked for awhile and then stopped. Had none of them worked I would have accepted your answer. I was looking for a way to make them work. John
I thought you came to me for advice. There is no logic in what you are saying. I didn't suggest you would have problems with the first one. What I am suggesting is that you have made your printer unusable with the first 2. Had you asked me before using the first one, I could have saved you the trouble.

The cartridges you are using will not work in the long term, nor will they be reliable. They will ruin your printer and void the warranty. Resetting a chip is a hack to fool you and the printer. You really should trust me on this, but it's your choice. You will understand later why I'm sorry I couldn't convince you.

Have a great week.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Mike I did not come to you for advice. I wanted a solution to my problem. If you had just said that using a non HP product will never work in the long run but maybe temporarily I could accept but I was not interested in a learning lesson as I have known what I was doing was risky at best has enabled me to save literaly $hundreds of dollars in savings and never had damaged a printer before.
I can only give you the correct information based on my 25 years of experience and the information you have given me. As a Professional, I assume that a customer has asked me a question because of my knowledge about the subject, but I suppose there could be other reasons.

In your first response to my question about whether you were using HP cartridges, you said you were "unsure", which indicates to me you didn't know if they were original, much less what the risk would be associated with them if they are not. This is not at all consistent with your most recent reply.

It's obviously up to you. I've given you the correct information. I can't determine what you do with it.

Have a great day!