Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

How To Submit A Lost Baggage Compensation And Dot Violations

How To Submit A Lost Baggage Compensation And Dot Violations Claim? i plan to ask for reimbursement for necessary missing items but not pain and suffering associated with having to sit in a plane on the tarmac with family of 5 for 6 hours due to UA fumbling
Submitted: 4 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Were items missing from your luggage after it was inspected by TSA screeners, or was your baggage actually lost by the airlines?

Do you feel you would like an answer from an attorney on this matter?

Thanks for all your additional information.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
need airlines delay and DOT 111-11 expert
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

I will request your question be transferred to our Legal category, where you will get a helpful answer.

I wish you the best of luck!

Cher (please do not reply as it will lock other experts out)
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again,

I have answered similar questions in the past and can provide you with the following websites, which should be helpful in filing your claims:

Baggage claim form:

Tarmac policy:

To submit DOT violations:

Please let me know if you need any additional information by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click on 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
pertinent information
*tarmac delay of aprox 6 hours, then cancelled flight.
*no access to luggage for aprox 63 hours, some 40hours or so post destination arrival.
*Need information regarding allowable and/or industry standard compensation for expenses relating to having to purchase clothes, supplies, etc. while awaiting luggage retrieval.

*Need information regarding allowable and/or industry standard compensation / reimbursement for expenses relating to prepaid vacation lodging and car rental costs having arrived aproximately 24 hours later than original itinerary.

Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello again,

If you have not yet read the information at the websites (links) included in my previous answer, it would be beneficial to do so, now.

Make sure that your letter to UA includes all pertinent information and quote stated rules and regulations from the websites I included, to reinforce your claims. After editing your letter, if necessary, send it to UA and see what they have to say regarding compensating you for your inconvenience. If you can't get any further with UA itself, it would be time to consider legal representation in your local area. A letter from a lawyer will be beneficial to your attempt to recoup compensation for your unfortunate occurrence with UA.

I hope all will work out well for you!

Best regards,