Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

Last winter our five robellini palms suffered from frost. we

Last winter our five robellini palms suffered from frost. we have trimed the plumes to about six inches. Are they likely to recover this summer or do we need to get rid of them? At this point they show no signs of new growth, but the six inches remain green.
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.

I have experience with palm and frost. Have you monitored the temperature the day frost happened? Was it a one time event of was there multiple frost in that winter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We were not in the area when the frost occured. However,I think it was a one-time event because other near-by palms survived without damage.
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
If others near survived, you have good chance to see them bounce back. It may take the whole summer that said.

Don't use any more fertilizer and as they don't have as much evaporation as with all their palms you can cut on the watering.

If by mid summer 2013 they are not showing sign of progress, then they are done for.

It's possible that they produce shoot at the base.