Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I received a Amazon gift card and when scratching of the cover

I received a Amazon gift card and when scratching of the cover on the claim code I scratched too hard and now can't read the claim code. I took it back to the store and they wouldn't help since the claim code had been scratched off. HELP... What can I do now. It is for $50. Thanks for your assistance
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

This is directly from Amazon when you cannot read the code. They will be able to assist you if you use this information to contact them directly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200546130_codescrathed?nodeId=200546130#codescrathed

Claim Code Can't Be Read

If your claim code scratched off or can't be clearly read, please contact us with the 16 or 30-digit number on the back of the card.

Gift Card Restrictions

Amazon.com Gift Cards can be used towards millions of items at Amazon.com or at endless.com.

Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards or applied to any order containing another gift card. A gift card cannot be transferred to another account once the gift card claim code has been redeemed. Please read our Terms & Conditions for a full list of gift card rules and restrictions.

Check this page for help buying or using a gift card.

I hope they will be able to get this fixed for you quickly, so you can enjoy your gift card. Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No answer from Amazon. Problem NOT resolved
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

This is a Holiday Weekend and it may be Monday, before you hear back from them. I use Amazon quite a bit for gift goving and they are very good about reolving problems like what you are facing.

I will also give you the phone number to reach them: 1-866-216-1072

Follow the prompts to reach a live person as it starts out as an automated system.

Joan