SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Sharp Xea102 Cash Register

Sharp Xea102 Cash Register
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX just referenced the manual here as well. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Just to clarify, you are looking to figure out a way to start with your drawer total? For example, emptying the drawer each night but having a certain amount in it for the day, each day?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Yes that is correct. Having a starting balance each day

Unfortunately there isn't a specific "named" function for that. I know this may not be the answer that you were hoping for but there is a way to do this. Just stay with me and I can explain your options.

You could do it 2 ways. First would be a non-tax cash purchase when you first start on the day, but you would have to reconcile the drawer each night(which is good practice anyway) but there is also the function on this register called Receive-on-account(RA for short).

Basically the Receive on account a way to document a cash addition not connected to a sale and there is an opposing function called a payout(PO) function if you needed to pull cash from the drawer. This would be your daily balance.

If you reference page two(2) of your manual, in the top right corner there is the receive on account and Payout functions explained. It's actually quite simple and is considerably easier than programming your departments on the register..

So while you don't have a "named" function for this, the receive on account will be your reference for adding cash and taking cash whenever you choose.