SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

I am not sure whom to ask but here is my question, I am confused

Customer Question

I am not sure whom to ask but here is my question, I am confused between foil and rotators Razor. Which razor is good for skin. I heard rotatory are not good for skin, and like other electric razors, fails to give fine shave around neck and chin.

Not sure if it's the right place but I'd appreciate your response.

Thanks.
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 5 years ago.
There are a few things to consider here. Keep in mind that the closest shave is going to be a straight razor, but lathering, setting up materials and purchasing quality care items is a little more expensive, while also being a little more risky as far as nicks until you learn. Same goes for straight blade razors, they give a very very close cut but if you think about this, because of how close they drag over the skin, this is literally like a light exfoliation each time you use it. So with this it can lead to drying and brittle skin is prone to nicks and cuts.

Now for foils versus rotary razors you have to consider the location and the type of hair on your face and neck. Rotary razors traditionally are able to deal with long and shorter hair better than a foil razor simply because long hair does not fit into a foil razor to cut it efficiently. Rotary razors are great for beard buzzing but because of their versatility are not able to offer such a close cut, visual examination of the 2 sometimes confirms this, but often is confirmed with use.

Foil razors would theoretically excel in shorter hair cutting and otherwise provide a closer cut(in most cases top model vs top model) but because they are basically a straight cut, are better around the neck which is most often flat, and under the chin but can be a be of effort to work around a curvy adams apple or around/under a nose - which again is why a straight blade razor is sometimes easier. For whatever it is worth in this comparison, alot of people prefer the close cut of a manual blade, but those who deal with thick hair and 5 o'clock shadows prefer a rotary blade simply for the versatility and ease of use/movement. The cut is still very close to a straight razor if you pick a nicer model.

Point to all this is rotary razors are OK for your skin, safer than the closest cut of a straight blade razor going against the grain without the major involvement but while having the versatility to knock down a variety of hair types, thicknesses and lengths. Norelco makes great razors that simply perform better at a variety of jobs. Also just remember, to ensure a good cut, keep your razor clean and change the blades regularly so the hair is not pulled on.
Hi again, I just wanted to follow up to see if you had any additional questions and to see how your search for a razor was going.

Feel free to let me know if I can help with anything further.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am 22yo 6 feet tall, weighs 64. I want to gain weight. I tried weigt lifting but end up losing weight and plus can't manage schedule due to studies and work.

Any tips ?
This is a little bit of a complex question. I just typed a request out and my browser crashed.

I just wanted to let you know so you weren't left hanging, I will be back with you in a little on this :). Sorry for the delays.
After some thorough consult and research, I would love to answer this question but it is per the rules of the site that it will need to be listed as a separate question topic as it doesn't pertain to the original shaver question.

To do this you can click on my name or click here and post a question directly to me and you can also do this by putting "ForCustomer in front of the question.

Unfortunately to be able to answer it has to be a separate question.
It would be my pleasure to help you though.

Regards,