Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I am trying to determine how many more electives I require

Customer Question

I am trying to determine how many more electives I require for graduation, a B.S. I already have an A.A. Below is the policy given by my university. My question is does this mean that I need 6o hours of lower level credits??? Or just enough elective credits within my requirements to reach 60 hours for the A.A. degree?
ELECTIVES
SUFFICIENT 1000/2000 LEVEL ELECTIVES TO COMPLETE AT
LEAST 60 SEM HRS IN THE LOWER DIVISION -AND-
SUFFICIENT 3000/4000 LEVEL ELECTIVES TO MEET UWF'S
REQUIREMENT OF 48 SEM HRS IN THE UPPER DIVISION OR
COMPLETION OF ALL DEPARTMENTAL REQUIREMENTS AT THE
3000/4000 LEVEL, WHICHEVER IS GREATER
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Which University are you attending now?

You already have your A.A. degree and are continuing on to get your B.S. degree from the same institution or a different school?

Thanks for all your additional information.
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have an AA from a Florida CC and am attending University of West Florida
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with helpful information.

Please allow me some time to research this for you.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok, Thank you ! :)
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
You're most welcome!

I'll be back in touch after I have investigated this situation further, for you.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks very much for your patience.

I was required to attend a meeting right after my last post to you, hence the slight delay.

You are inquiring about 'elective' credits, but I believe you are referring to the already earned credits you have gotten at the CC toward your A.A. degree. When you enter a university like UWF as a 'transfer' student, meaning you are not entering as a college freshman, because you already have earned your A.A. degree and are looking to now earn your 4 year degree with a B.S., they have certain requirements regarding the credits you are coming into the school with. You will need to have a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 and have taken at least 12 credits at another institution of higher learning. I'm sure your A.A. degree required more than 12 credits, but was it less than 60 credits? If so, you might still need to show SAT or ACT scores, in addition to your transcript from your CC where you earned your A.A. degree. Please see the following for additional information:
http://www.uwf.edu/admissions/future_students/transfer/index.cfm

Not all credits may be acceptable/transferable, so you will need to meet with an admissions advisor from UWF to discuss your credits earned at the CC and decide which courses/credits you now need to get your B.S.

Electives are usually built into the B.S. program, but because you are not beginning as a freshman, you may have already fulfilled the electives requirements with the courses you took for your A.A. If not, the admissions advisor will let you know what electives you need to take for your major and/or in general for your B.S. degree.

Please let me know if you need any additional information by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click on 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher