Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...

why did the jews make a big deal about Jesus entering the city

why did the jews make a big deal about Jesus entering the city on palm sunday, they never made a big deal before, why all of the sudden did they accept him as king?
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help with this question.

Jesus, by this time, had made a name for himself and many had heard about his teachings and miracles. The Jewish population had gathered in Jerusalem for Passover and word reached them, through the disciples, that Jesus would be arriving. Many were hoping he would be the Messiah. In their eyes, this meant that he would become a "king" here on earth and help the Jewish people rise up against Rome and go back to being a Jewish state.

This is why they welcomed him. By the time of the crucifixion a few days later, the population realized he was not going to be the warrior they were seeking and this was the reason they then turned on him.

If you need followup, let me know.

Have a wonderful day. Feel free to request me anytime by putting "For Greg" at the front of your post.

Please be sure to hit ACCEPT as that is the only way I receive credit for my help today.

Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration