Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

my mom wears depends and she gets chaffing between her legs

my mom wears depends and she gets chaffing between her legs what would help this situation?
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

You can try a Corn Starch Baby Powder or Plain Cornstarch, not Talcum powder. The Corn Starch dusted on the area will keep a barrier between the skin and Depends.

This keeps the moisture locked away which adds to the chaffing. The Creams are moist and do not absorb the perspiration which adds to the chaffing.

I hope this helps. When my son was in Diapers I used this method and never had a problem with diaper rash or chaffing. We also use it on my Mother-in-law who is also in Depends. Joan