SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I recently got a 2room + carpenting deal on courpon for $99.00.

I recently got a 2room + carpenting deal on courpon for $99.00. I have not heard from anyone concerning this project. I am very interested in having this work done. This is the first time that I have done work with Croupon, so I did not know if I sould pay up front or wait until the deal had been ready to start. Could you please get back to me and let me .and let me know the details. Thank you Rosemary Leary email [email protected] Home Phone XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 4 years ago.
Hi Rosemary, thank you for using Just Answer, a third party informational service.

Due to running a groupon they are probably experiencing an obscenely high call volume, I would continue to try and reach them.

If you have the option I would advise waiting until the deal is ready to start to begin paying, I would also recommend waiting until you can talk to someone from the company directly before making your purchase. See if you can read any reviews on the company's results before purchasing. I understand these deals are relatively short lived but if a company has no rapport or solid reviews under their belts, and they are forced to deal with the volume of a "coupon" promo, quality is sometimes reported to suffer tremendously.

Businesses that use groupon sometimes are forced to deal with an unmanageable amount of volume, and hardly any compensation. Many people consumers aren't aware but high discount "coupon" deals are so discounted that businesses often just barely break even especially considering all their running costs. Typically they do this for maximum exposure in the shortest amount of time. Many of the "coupon" deals offer a product or service at up to 50 percent off, then agreed with the advertising "coupon" company to split the profits nearly 50/50, leaving them with next to nothing after their bills are paid. Sometimes company's have nearly gone out of business from people taking advantage of such a high volume deal.

The point of all this is to wait until you talk with someone or read some reviews to make your decision and pay. While your "coupon" is a great price, if the company can't do satisfactory work based on their volume or has a hard time scheduling you into booking, its not really worth that cost.