hrguru206
hrguru206, Consultant
Experience:  Human Resources Professional, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida
62657179
Type Your Question Here...

Assuming all legal US Citizens possess a government issued

Assuming all legal US Citizens possess a government issued Social Security Number, why doesn't Obama's pass e-verify?
Category: General
Expert:  hrguru206 replied 2 years ago.

hrguru206 :

There are still some issues to be worked out with E-Verify for instance:

Workers whose names are XXXXX XXXXX on different authorizing documents, could be misspellings or nicknames or such, E-Verify will issue tentative nonconfirmations (TNCs) automatically.

Also since these TNCs happen more often to foreign born applicants and employees it can give the appearance that the company is discriminating.

I have also seen firsthand where E-Verify is vulnerable to identity theft, and if someone simply uses another person’s ID and Social Security card then in a lot of cases it would not be recognized by the person hiring and therefore would not be able to be picked up by E-Verify.

hrguru206 :

If you found my answer helpful please select the green ACCEPT button as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. I am happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

Customer:

So, you are saying that it is likely that Obama is a "foreign born applicant" or "employee", or that he has committed "identity theft" or uses "another person's ID and Social Security Card"? I do not recall reading that the failure of Obama's SSN to pass e-verify was the result of a TNC. Can you please clarify your answer for me?

Customer:

I will be happy accept and pay you, but your answer is weak and seems to make a case for fraud.

hrguru206 :

I do apologize, I read the information incorrectly and thought you were asking why Obama did not pass e-verify as a law for all businesses? In the article I read about him personally not passing e-verify it seemed as though someone took misinformation as they did not have his accurate social security number and ran it through and then posted it all over the web as a fact. It was shown the info where they took the number was off of his taxes but this was apparently not correct information.

hrguru206 :

Just to be clear I do not in any way think Obama has committed fraud, it is most likely the case that his actual social security number was not entered. This would be very easy to do, someone just needs to enter incorrect information and post that e-verify could not verify his credentials to work in the US.

hrguru206 :

In addition there are so many different social security numbers and addresses and mis info floating around the web on any president that it does not surprise me that the information could not be verified in E-Verify.

Customer:

I am going to accept and pay you, but I find your answer to be lame and without legal basis or backup. In fact, your answer actually does more to make me believe he HAS committed fraud than that he hasn't. I was looking for someone to prove to me that he is not a fraud, and you failed the test miserably.

Customer:

Numerous sources have confirmed his use of ssnNNN-NN-NNNN including the tax return you cited above.

Customer:

Credible sources and investigators have proven that that IS a Social Security Number used by Obama, including the famous search of his Selective Service Card which clearly shows that number matched with Obama's name.

Customer:

If it matched in the Selective Service record, shouldn't it match on the e-verify system?

hrguru206, Consultant
Experience: Human Resources Professional, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida