SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

How quick is quick?

Customer Question

How quick is quick?
Category: General
Expert:  assistyounow replied 4 years ago.

assistyounow :

HI are you available to chat?

assistyounow :

please tell me what program or service yo are referring to?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yep, available to chat. But I have to warn you that I am talking bollocks. Question was a reference to The Smiths Song 'How Soon Is Now'. I'm bored.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I can't remember what the question was. Can anyone help? Ron seems a nice chap. Any expert online tonight who fancies talking complete bollocks for a minute or two? I'm well bored now.
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 4 years ago.
How quick is quick?

That depends on the relativity of whatever you are looking at compared to something else. Generally quickness, is defined in layman's terms as the ability to get up to a maximum, speed, or a specific speed fast. Different from being fast, the capability to reach a greater speed. For example all wheel drive cars are quick, because the 4 driving wheels enable them to get up to a given speed in a short time from a dead stop whereas powerful rear wheel drive cars may not have the capability to get all their power to the ground(traction limited) thus making them FAST cars once they get up and rolling, but quickness is lacking simply because they cannot transfer their power.

Another quickness analogy would be with track athletes. Short distance sprinters, like that 50-300m dash athletes are able to reach their top speeds in a very short time and maintain for the duration of their race, but endurance athletes are able to cover large distances in short time, and a slower speed than a sprinter, however incredibly fast compared to the sprinter running that distance race simply because of the way they have trained. So while being FAST can be looked at as a top speed over covering a great distance, quick is getting to top speed in very short time. Much like jumping from a plane; you only reach a relatively slow speed of 120mph(terminal velocity), the plane that dropped you off is traveling FASTER, but you reached your terminal speed faster than it reached it's terminal and thus - you are quicker.

Quick is getting to top speed(for a given arena) in a shorter relative time than a competitor, whether mechanical, physical or energy related.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist