hrguru206, Consultant
Experience:  Human Resources Professional, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida
Type Your Question Here...

What are my opportunities in relocating to Alaska?? How difficult

What are my opportunities in relocating to Alaska?? How difficult would it be for me to get immigration status. Unfortunately, I do not have any funds and will need to work and find a place to live. My ultimate goal is to open a Bahamian cuisine restaurant, how difficult will that be? Looking forward to your response.
Category: General
Expert:  hrguru206 replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. If you want to obtain a work Visa you would first need to find a job in Alaska and a company to sponsor you. This can be difficult without being familiar with the location and the companies.

I would advise you to go through a work program that would allow you to obtain some experience and familiarize yourself with the area. Are you currently a student?

Expert:  hrguru206 replied 4 years ago.

Here are some programs and resources. I have very good friends that traveled through the BUNAC organization. They focus on doing work exchange programs with different companies and organizations.

Here are some links:

Alliance Abroad Group
American Work Experience
Apex USA
Association for International Educational Exchange
Council on International Educational Exchange
Cultural Homestay International
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Student Work Abroad Program (For Canadian Citizens)

Going through a program may be the easiest way for you to obtain work and start your journey, the other process to obtain a sponsorship on your own is quite difficult unless you have some specialized skill that is in demand by some organizations.

If you found my answer helpful please select the green ACCEPT button as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. I am happy to answer any additional questions you may have.