SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

What happens to the kitchen displays,etc.that are in lowes,home

What happens to the kitchen displays,etc.that are in lowes,home depot,home shows,etc. once they are finished with them and want to put up a different display? Do they sell the displays and if so,how do you go about finding who has them for sell? Would like to purchase some of these displays?
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 2 years ago.
I would walk into home depot, lowes etc.. and speak to the manager and see what the ultimate fate is for the pieces you are looking for. I have even gone as far to offer to purchase the floor item for a price I am willing to pay. Usually if they don't make too much on them they can negotiate the price or will even accept the sale.

Each chain and each store has a different protocol to follow but depending on the brand, items are sometimes sent back to the manufacturer, sold to discount store at a deeper price or sometimes simply transferred to another store. It is highly variable from store to store and brand to brand.

Unfortunately there is a ton of variation, and sometimes there are contracts involved where a specific store simply can't release a showroom model to the general public. This is a little different than say BestBuy where they have an "Open Item" openly advertised as the models switch.

The other thing to consider is maybe, just maybe its a timing issue. There really is only 1 floor model for each item in each store and if an item is not blatantly marked for sale it could very quickly be snatched up and purchase or perhaps even completely missed.

In the case of other types retail stores, once things are taken off the main shelf they are put in the "backroom" where only those "in the know" are even aware there are open items for sale.

I would suggest the best thing to do would be to walk in and talk to the managers, express interest in buying them and if needed leave some contact information. I would also see if you can work your way to the regional managers, even if its calling to talk to him or her. I would also suggest being relentless on this because if it is not a current sale but rather one 6 months when the models switch, they will completely forget. Generally if a company can make some money at the very last of chances, they will.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist