Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...

I live in the panhandle of Florida, whats the best time to

I live in the panhandle of Florida, whats the best time to put out 8-8-8 fertilizer? And whats the best time to plant above ground crops-On the increase of the full moon or the decrease of the full moon?
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.

Above ground plants should be planted during the waxing moon. That's the time that the moon is becoming brighter/fuller. You could plant anytime between the new moon and the full moon. It is believed that the moon's pull during that time provides more water for the germinating seed.When above ground plants are planted during the waning moon (after the full moon when the moon seems smaller each day) it is not thought to grow as well. You can confirm this information about planting by moon phases here:

Because fertilizer encourages plants to grow, it would also be good to put down fertilizer during the waxing (increasing) moon.

If you have more questions, just let me know by clicking on REPLY. I hope your garden grows well.