Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I have 2 autographed Peyton Manning Colts jerseys. Both have

I have 2 autographed Peyton Manning Colts jerseys. Both have certificates of authenticity (one from SportsMemorabila.com and one from Mounted Memories). Is one worth more than the other? And is this a good time to sell or hold on to them?
Category: General
Expert:  Southwb replied 2 years ago.

Southwb :

Hi

Southwb :

Are the both jerseys dated?

Southwb :

Are they in cases or mounted as well

Customer:

No dates, and one is mounted.

Southwb :

Which one is mounted?

Customer:

The one with COA from Sportsmemorablia.com

Southwb :

ok

Southwb :

To begin the jersey from Mounting Memories has a fair market value of $250-$350. And an insurance/replacement value of $400

Southwb :

No on the one from sportsmemorabilia.com-who was their authenticator, such as the name on the authenticity paper?

Customer:

Themselves, Sportsmemorabilia.com

Southwb :

and is that the red or blue jersey?

Customer:

blue, the only "red" would be a pro-bowl jersey

Southwb :

Now due to the framing this one is a bit more valuable than the other one, it has a fair market value of $500-$750. The insurance value is $800 replacement value.

Customer:

Jersey "only", which has more value? Trying to decide which to sell and which to keep, and when? Will the value likely go up once he joins another team?

Southwb :

I could not predict if the value on either could go up or down in the future, it is impossible to forecast the market of collectible especially sports related. I would imagine though the framed one would be the one to go up in value, do to it's high desirability now that should stay the same or go up in the future.

Southwb :

Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX Accept and Have a Great Day!!!

Customer:

I would like to work with a new expert. Thanks for your input, but main questions are still in the air.

Southwb :

What are your main questions? As appraisers we can only provide you with market value or our own probable opinions. Your question does not sound like an appraisal, rather it is more of a forecast value which is an economic forecast rather than an appraisal. You see my job as an appraiser is to give you the best insurance/resale value of your item. To answer your question shall I send you to a sports expert in another category?

Customer:

yes please, thanks

Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

My Husband and I are collectors and have been collecting for over 35 years. We watch the memoribilla market very carefully because of our collection. With Manning shopping teams including the Denver, Miami and the Arizona, it may be wise to see where he lands as far as team. It is a gamble as whether your top dollar will come before he signs with the new team, or if you wait until he does sign. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX will loose anything on the Jerseys, since he is already listed to go to HOF.

If he signs with a good team and they go to the Super Bowl or if Manning breaks a few more records, the Jerseys can skyrocket and you can get top dollar. As the previous Expert had said. he was able to give you fair market value, but when a collector that wants something, they will pay higher than FMV, if they want something bad enough.

You can shop out the Jerseys and test the water, but my personal opinion as a collector would be to hang on until you see where he signs for next year. He already holds records and the value should not drop on the jerseys, it is whether you can get more after he signs. Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do the "authenticity companies" affect the worth of the jersey? One is certified by Global Authentics and Sportsmemorabilia.com. The other is Mounted Memories and backed by Sportsmemabilia.com guarantee. If so, which would would be worth more?
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

Hi and Welcome back,

Mounted Memories has an excellent reputation and are well recognized for their Certificates of Authenticity. Global Authentic is newer on the collectible scene, but being recognized by collectors for being reliable source for Authenticity. As long as a reputable Verification Firm certifies the piece there should not be a problem.

The value of a piece is based more on the rarity and condition of the piece vs who certifies the piece. A framed piece will bring more than one that is just packed away. An Autographed piece will bring more than just a litho. Lower numbered pieces are much more desirable that one that is mass produced. Joan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I give the numbers would you be able to give me a "ball park" estimate on their worth?
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

I do not have a up to date price guide, since it is off season, but I did find an Autographed framed Jersey which may give you an idea of value:

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/peyton-manning-autographed-jersey7.html

Off season the prices are not as high as when the players are on the field. I do not want to be inaccurate and just give you a guess. Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher