Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

I hope that you are feeling better. Just wanted to know if

I hope that you are feeling better. Just wanted to know if you could answer it. Also, should I stay in teaching or should I pursue research and writing?
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. Thank you. I am feeling somewhat better.. but it's taking a long time!

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

There's no reason why you can't do both, initially.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

In fact, an academic environment and your credentials might even make it easier for you to do so.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I think you may be too worried about too many things and that's stopping you from attaining your true potential.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Don't worry about what's coming, because all of that worrying will be part of what determines the future!

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Do you have some concerns over life at home, as well? You don't have to answer that, but I suspect that you do.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Maybe in your marriage.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

All this stress is too much, and it's all related.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I don't see anyone judging you based on your income, and if you think there is someone important in your life that finds most of your value in your net worth, then I think this is the time to sit down and express that feeling to get it off your shoulders.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

You are acting as though each day is the day you must decide your entire future. And that's not the case. Take those days and make the best of them. If there IS someone that can affect the outcome, then put your cards on the table with them, approaching the issue in a calm and logical way.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Try doing some research - make the best of the time you can while your work responsibilities are shifted.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

If you have lingering concerns that you can honestly say are rational (that's important), then it's time to bring those concerns up with the people involved - and in a positive way.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

If you are worried, for example, that your spouse is going to leave you, the best thing you can do is go to your spouse and tell them what you suspect.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Whatever answer you get, you will be able to iterpret into the truth. It's time for you to take control of your life. You have felt like others are controlling your life for too long - which is how things will be if you believe they are that way.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Being in control is a matter of choice. And acting as if you are in control will make it so.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Michael. I was really hoping that you would reply to the question before this one. You said that you looked at it, but would get back to me later when you were feeling better. Where I am now is due to the fact that I had been taking control of my work responsibilities, but it only got me into trouble. I know that I control my life, but to an extent. I recognize that my actions and reactions brought me to where I now am: uncertain, in between, and stressed. According to the Kabbalah, when a person is in a place of uncertainty, which is a place that no one wants to be, you are growing spiritually and when one's heart breaks, it means that you are progressing as well. It seems that emotional pain helps move you along.

As a result of being in teacher jail, it has been difficult to stay focused. I am thinking about my students, their parents, and what will happen to Selma Ave. EL School? Right now, a substitute is teaching my students and after two days she wanted to leave.

My question is: why did my principal want me out and why did she do everything in her power to remove me? I feel that I have been wrongfully terminated from my position and deep inside I do want to retaliate against her, but I know that I can't and I won't. The thing that was the weirdest of all, was how quickly this all played out. She was setting up the chess pieces for an attack, and I helped her win the game. I have an attorney and I want her to spend some time in jail, or I will file a law suit against her for character defamation, abuse of power, and pain and suffering for now. A dear friend of mine went through the same ordeal as well but for a different reason.

Why was standing up for myself and my students turned into such ugliness? Well, now, she has to deal with subs, and the current sub does not get along with the principal either! That is jus too much of a coincidence!

Sigi
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
You don't have to retalliate. Her actions will have their own consequences. You are seeing the tip of the iceburg with the inconvenience of subs... her problems in dealing with you as a human being suggest that she will have similar problems regarldless of the teacher. Since she is creating the friction, she will have this problem with many people and she will be living a nightmare.

Simply put, she sees you as a threat to her own position. While wise leaders tend to surround themselves with people that they consider even wiser - so they can learn from them and so they can bring out their best talents, insecure "leaders" are threatened by the same thing. They chose to undermine those around them that are wiser or smarter than they are, or those that would be a compliment to their abilities. This always ends up being disastrous and exposes the non-leader in the end. A person in charge of something like a school cannot remail effective by keeping only those they feel unthreatened by at their sides. This is a weak person. That's whe she did what she did. Not because she thought it was right, but because she thought it was the best for her long term survival (although she is wrong).

It's not your responsibility to worry about the students and their parents or the school. I know you want to, but you can't. You have absolutely no control over the events there, so worrying about them cannot change them. The students are resilient and when all is said and done, they will barely remember this tough spell. Just focus on the present and what you can control and the rest will work itself out. It's bigger than you. Just know that the "right" things will happen as long as you focus on what you can control. Also, you can't care about the kids and revenge at the same time. They don't go together. Forgive the principal, regardless of her motivations and you will feel better. You are better than that. Don't continue to let her actions drag you down. Be free from that.

She is making this happen. And the more you think about her in this role, the more power you give her. You must think of her as inconsequential and temporary. Once you free yourself from her control, you will see things much differently. Deal with what you have today. Be proud of the fact that you are a survivor, and think about what you will do going forward. Nothing drains the power of a leader more effectively than when they see that their actions are not having lasting consequences - that the subs aren't working out, that you are moving along, etc.

Focus on where you are right now and what you can make of it. The more you do that, the less power she will have and eventually she will disolve in her own quagmire.

I hope this answers your question.
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not quite ready to let it go. I am writing and recording everything that has happened. I cannot focus on my dissertation until I feel good about good with what I have synthesized. I want to be prepared for whatever comes my way. I will let my professor know what I am doing and see what she says. She reassured me that whenever she had a huge crisis in her career, it ultimately led her to something bigger and better. One of the male teachers was dismissed from teacher jail today. He was here for a year and a half. I am just worried that when I get dismissed, my husband will divorce me. He said that it would be too complicated to do that. At least he was honest. You were right about my marriage. Everything is difficult for me: keeping my career, family, home, and myself. I just wish that it would not be so hard.

A lot of people probably think that I do not need to work, but I know that the structure of work is good for me. My parents survived WWII, and my teachers/rabbis taught me to answer a question with a question, and to always question authority. Doing this has gotten me into trouble and my sons are kind of the same when it comes to asking questions and also with authority. My sons have High Functioning Autism/Aspergers along with ADHD, but they are also highly gifted. I have asked God to let me suffer instead of my sons. This way my pain is more bearable.
Please remember to click accept.