Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

What is it that some fast food chains put in their food to

What is it that some fast food chains put in their food to make it taste so addicting? I recall seeing a report about this somewhere. But in what form does this additive come. Is it a specific chemical that is added to the food? Or is it just the kind of oil that is used?

I believe you are refering to Casein which is a compund found in Milk and is called the Nicotein of fast food. It gives the brain an Opiate like affect and makes the food more addictive.

They also add Monosodium Glutamate which flavors the food and makes the food very tasty. It is used a lot in Fast foods and Chinese foods. This link goes over the Casein and MSG and why they make the food more addictive:

I hope this helps and is what you are looking for as far as why fast food is addictive. Joan