SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

my tags are due on my 20200 HONDA ACCORD ARE DUE APRIL 8,2012

Customer Question

my tags are due on my 20200 HONDA ACCORD ARE DUE APRIL 8,2012 I ALSO HAVE TO HAVE MY CAR SMOG .mY PROBLEM IS I'M MOVING TO oKLAHOMA ON jUNE THE 15TH AND WILL HAVE TO GET IT TAGGED THERE.i WANT TO KNOW IF I HAVE TO PAY FULL PRICE AND GET MY CAR TAGGED AND SMOGGED IN cA FOR ONLY 2 AND ONE HALF MONTHS BEFORE i GO.
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately the California DMV states that unless you move out of the state(or sell the vehicle before the period of registration renewal, there is no refund. The renewals are mailed roughly 67 days from the final date. If for some reason you plans change(*or the vehicle was sold before*) and you have already paid and will be moving out of state before that final penalty date, you can then request a refund before the date by using this form here.