Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

This is for someone who has posted their book on the Kindle

This is for someone who has posted their book on the Kindle platform before, my question is are you allowed to ask people to rate and review your book from inside your book or is that a violation of terms?
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 5 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. I can assist you with your question.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I have published books to the Kindle before and to my knowledge, that would not violate any terms.

Customer:

ok thanks do you know where amazon publishes a page of what you can and cannot do? I hear so many people talking about them banning accounts for different things

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

In fact, I'm reading through the Terms now to make sure.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Oh, yes... that's what I'm referring to now. It has a ton of information.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Let me give you the link. One moment.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

You will see on the left sidebar many more selections to information.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

If people have been banned, then they haven't done their homework.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

It isn't all that restrictive, really.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

If they have any problem with it at all, it is more likely that it will be rejected so you can correct the problem.

Customer:

ok thanks for that, yeah I've heard they don't allow affiliate links in the books, you can't copy someone's review on your page to advertise your book, things like that - and from what I've heard they don't really give you warning they just ban your account

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I'm just going by the Ts and Cs right now.

Customer:

ok thanks for your help I appreciate it

Expert:  replied 5 years ago.
This seection may be of note:

6 Ownership and Control of Amazon Properties/ Feedback. Subject to the authorizations you grant to us under this Agreement, as between us and you, you retain all ownership rights in and to the copyrights and all other rights and interest in and to your Digital Books. We retain all ownership rights in and to the copyrights and all other rights and interests in and to the Program and the Amazon Properties. We are solely responsible for, and will have full discretion with respect to the terms, features, and operation of the Program and the Amazon Properties and related marketing, but our use of the Digital Books will be subject to the terms of this Agreement. In the event that you elect to provide suggestions, ideas, or other feedback to Amazon or any of its affiliates in connection with the Amazon Properties or the Program ("Feedback"), Amazon and its affiliates will be free to use and exploit the same in any manner without restriction and without any need to compensate you. This Agreement does not grant you any license or other rights to any intellectual property or technology owned or operated by us or any of our affiliates, including, without limitation, any trademarks or trade names. Nothing in this Agreement restricts any rights we may have under applicable law or a separate permission.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you I am trying to accept your answer but the site is having problems right now?
Thank you for mentioning that. I will forward this to Customer Service to let them know so they can insure the accept gets processed. Thank you!