Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

anyone in astronomy? or astro-physician?

Customer Question

Category: General
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. Also, please post your full question. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need to ask my question to an astronomer, someone who knows about astronomy, solar system, astroids, meteorites, telescope observation.
Thank you
Hello. Please enter your question and we will search for an Expert to assist you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok then i am gonna ask my question anyway:

It appears that "planet X" discovered in 1983 called also Nibiru is going to pass close to planet earth at the end of the year.
Does this planet exist, and if yes, is the trajectory correct?
Is it really going to cross our solar system right between us and the sun?
We can see on Youtube some videos of it, and it appears as a second sun , some people saw it on Antartica and Russia and we gonna be able to see it in the US by May.
Can u confirm that?
Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Ray Atkinson replied 4 years ago.

Nibiru is a hoax. It is one of the many theories coming out of the 2012 end of the world event.

Look at the statement you were told. "some people saw it on Antartica and Russia and we gonna be able to see it in the US by May." Why would people in Russia be able to see it and not the US? Because we're on the other side of earth away from it? What happened to the once a day that the Earth turns us towards it?

This is one of the worst examples of pseudo-science that is perpetrated on the 'net.

The funny thing is that the governments of the world are supposed to be keeping it all a secret, along with all the amateur astronomers. One astronomer was asked about this and his reply was classic. "...the astronomers of the world, both professional and amateur, are a free-spirited group who couldn't keep a secret even if ordered to."

The hysteria is only going to keep growing until December. Enjoy the ride. It should be fun to watch.

Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience: Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.
Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
Hello, NASA have a great exhaustive description of where the whole story came from and why it's a hoax:
http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-astrobiologist/intro/nibiru-and-doomsday-2012-questions-and-answers
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Julien, is there something missing from my answer? Are you looking for something more? I do not get credit for my answer until you click the green accept button.