SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

map from belgium/holland france germany west central.but no

Customer Question

map from belgium/holland france germany west central.but no name just unique map.also (100)of the world must beautiful oskar kokoschka-austrian 1886 but 1.
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 4 years ago.

Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you today. Thank you for using JustAnswer

Can you clarify your question so I can begin to assist you?

Customer :

that map date 1886 but no name.mark;belgium/holland /germany/france also book(100)most beautiful paintings.nameoskar kokoschka austrian..and pablo picasso(bleue and rose periods text by william s lieberman.

Are you searching for the value of these items? Or looking for the artist ? Or perhaps something else?

Customer :

yes the value,for everything.

Can you give me a few minutes to see what I can find? Are these a print, or something of an original piece?

Customer :

map original piece.those book look me.

Please bear with me for a brief time and I will do some research given the information you have provided. If I cannot find anything substantial I will opt out of the question so perhaps another expert can assist you.

This may take a little bit of time, so any more details you can provide would help

Can you tell me about what the map is printed on? Can you also provide information on what type of ink or paint is used?

Customer :

Customer :

multicolor, printed on thred, its of holland, belgium, france, germany,

Customer :

why,nobody can help.

JustAnswer should be able to assist you but without being able to see and feel the print and book in person it will take some research to try to even find out where the items are from.

I appreciate your patience, please bear with me while I try to find more information on your pieces.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

to whom may concern;I've receive any respons what the point of .if you to know ,where those is come to house,

Hi am sorry for the delay, still looking for information on this. You did not need to "accept" as it was merely an information request.

Are you able to upload a photograph of these items?

The significance of the "1886" is Oskar's birth year but this does not help to date the painting.

I am still looking for information and comparative examples for this.
Ok so I have a start, the Book "100 of the World's Most Beautiful Paintings" in paperback is valued around $6 dollars (USD) used, but considered "collectible" if brand new and is selling retail for anywhere from $15 to $35 USD on the low side to $45-$120 on the very high side, again depending on who is purchasing and their perceived value, but also using a range of comparative retail numbers. A fair price for the book in perfect condition would be $15-25 USD

I am still working on the map, finding even something to compare it to. There are however antique maps from 1886 on paper selling for roughly 50 to 200 USD. Are you able to upload a photo? If you can take a look HERE it shows a listing of sample maps, antique European that are valued from $35-$250 but many of these are prints. To get a very good idea of the map itself, it would be really important for you to find someone locally who is an art dealer to physically inspect your map to get a genuine idea of it's condition as well as telling you who may have been the artist. Each piece is unique so a physical inspection and authentication is highly recommended.