SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

i am 117 kg weight , i want to reduce my wait till 80 kg what

i am 117 kg weight , i want to reduce my wait till 80 kg what do you advice me to do rather than exercise

thanking you
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to answer your question with the information you have provided. Be sure to consult your physician with any major lifestyle change or exercise/food/supplement additions.

Building muscle and using already stored bodyfat during exercise(even as simple as walking) is the easiest most sustainable way to burn fat.

If you change your daily habits by simply parking farther away, walking to the mailbox, taking the stairs - these in combination can have a huge impact on total calories burned in a week and ultimately make you healthier otherwise.

Reducing your bodyweight to a healthier level can be a accomplished a myriad of ways. Typically, these are a combination of diet and exercise and I would strongly recommend both but since you asked specifically for non-exercise ways I will elaborate.

Diet modification is absolutely a crucial, essential part to reducing bodyweight and keeping it off.

Reducing the amount of processed food, calorie dense and unhealthy food, simple sugars(anything sweet mostly) and creating a situation of daily grazing is some of the best ways to reduce unwanted bodyweight.

Fruits and vegetables(whole preferably, frozen is fine) can be consumed throughout the day and are a vital source of nutrients while being relatively low on calories. Foods made from whole grains, such as wheat, quinoa, sweet potato, brown rice provide sustained energy while being complex enough in makeup that they do not trigger a body fat storing insulin response. These are considered complex carbohydrates because they are digested slower than simple carbohydrates which are digested quickly.

Since fried foods are considerably more calorie dense(many calories in a space amount) than whole foods, eliminating these will also give you a head start on reducing overall caloric intake.

Water keeps the body hydrated and clear non-alcohol, low calories beverages can be consumed to assist in fat loss but more importantly keep you hydrated.

Timing and spacing of meals is also often over looked. Humans, by evolutionary designed are made to graze with the occasional big meal(hunters). Typically the human body's metabolism is at its highest(burning the most calories) when it is fed small meals and snacks over the course of a waking day, to reach the recommended daily caloric intake.

Reducing your daily caloric intake by only 500 calories a day will also start this process. To get an idea of this, it is only 3500 calories a week, which should equate to roughly .5 kg of fat loss a week, assuming all other things are kept equal.

So cliffs notes for this:
-Reduce or eliminate processed foods
-Whole foods over packaged or processed
-Stick to lean proteins - chicken, lean beef,(the size of a playing card deck)
-Eliminate fried, and fatty foods
-Fruits and vegetables whenever you like
-Space meals and snacks so you are eating a small amount every 2-3 hours, once you adjust you will not be hungry
-Maintain hydration by drinking water and other clear fluids.
-Increase the amount of activity you do be that walking to the mailbox, taking stairs, walking around the block.
-To start, reduce calories by as little as 500 a day to show you the positive effects of a little change(thats only 100 to 250 per meal depending on your current diet).

There are some diet supplements out there which you need to consult your doctor before taking, but these usually only assist with a negligible increase in calories burn - even harder to measure because all the "proven" studies are done on these with a diet and exercise regime for the weight loss of those "studies".

The whole idea of this permanent lifestyle change is to make it reasonable, by this I mean if you cannot stick to it, the weight may come back. The point is to adopt a healthier lifestyle of diet and activity so the weight stays off and you have a positive experience shedding it.

If you need me to elaborate please let me know. I have a personal friend who followed this relatively loosely and dropped roughly 25kg because his job didn't afford him time to exercise. He packed his lunch, dropped all unhealthy food, and the excess weight fell off. He allowed himself 1 "cheat" meal a week to do whatever he wanted(within reason) but again he modified his diet so that he could stick to it while still enjoying food.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
Hi its Mike(FitnessSpecialist) from just answer, wanted to follow up to see if I could help you further. Your question has been closed but if you had additional questions you can simply request me by name with your fitness questions by doing "FOR MIKE-FITNESSSPECIALIST" in the very first line. I hope all is well and your progress great.