hrguru206, Consultant
Experience:  Human Resources Professional, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Central Florida
Type Your Question Here...

Brainstorming is a useful tool for creative writing. Why? 75

Brainstorming is a useful tool for creative writing. Why? 75 word --opinion based-- response.

hrguru206 :

Brainstorming is most useful when you have several individuals not working together in a setting that allows them to release their thoughts and ideas without holding back. Brainstorming is most useful when a subject is broached and in no order each person calls out his or her ideas no matter how worthless they may seem at the time. The reason for this is often one idea although not useful by itself may inspire another by either the same individual or a different individual at the table. When using brainstorming in creative writing you may and should end the brainstorming session with several ideas, you may use part of all of some of the ideas in the current project while other ideas may inspire additional projects. The purpose of brainstorming is to not dwell on each idea but put down on paper to discuss later the first thing and everything that pops into your head. The idea is that this removes barriers of embarrassment and excluding ideas after one thinks on them too long. I believe collaborating with a group of using this technique can be extremely useful in creating and concluding a creative writing project.

hrguru206 :

If you found my answer helpful please select the green ACCEPT button as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. I am happy to answer any additional questions you may have.