SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

I want to buy a Honda motorcycle 1973 plate# XXXXX Vin(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I want to buy a Honda motorcycle 1973 plate# XXXXX Vin(NNN) NNN-NNNNit hasnt been regestered since 1996 i wanted to see how much it would be befor i bough it thanks
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 4 years ago.
What state would you register the motorcycle in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
california
One more question: Is this a California cycle, or out of state?
So the California original registration fee is $46 dollars, and your motorcycle should you purchase it is titled in the same way as a car EXCEPT they do not undergo a smog check like other vehicles. If it is a non-familial purchase you may be subject to sales tax at the time of registering which would be a product of your specific county tax and the final sale price of the motorcycle. It will also need the CHP fee of $23 dollars.

To register the motorcycle you will need the same things as you would to register a car: roof of ownership (title, or name and address of the lien holder if you have a loan) along with proof of insurance.

I ran the VLF(vehicle licensing fee) through the database and it appears up to date so there isn't a fee on it as it shows using the plate and vin you provided.

To get an exact number, based on the amount purchased(depending on what you choose to purchase the cycle for) you can use the link HERE which is the DMV calculator for registration that takes into account all your information as well as the purchase price you settle