Patience
Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Type Your Question Here...

Is the DMV Amnesty Program for Tickets still in effect? What

Is the DMV Amnesty Program for Tickets still in effect? What are the rules for this program for citations?
Category: General
Expert:  Patience replied 2 years ago.

Hi- Please let us know your state of residence so that we can best help you.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To answer your question: I received a citation a few months ago. I would like to know if, California DMV laws still have an Amnesty Program in place and if a 90 day citation would apply for amnesty. I am on disability. I have had surgery on one of my knees and scheduled for surgery on the other. Money in the household is very tight. Do I qualify for the Program?

Already Tried:
I have only applied for Traffic School. I received a Certificate of Completion. The Court states: I must pay a fine in addition to completing Traffic School. Can the Amnesty Program factor in, instead of me having to pay $1300 for that ticket?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to know if I can qualify for the Amnesty Program. I was cited i Lancaster,CA. I applied for Traffic School. I completed the school and received the certificate. The Court says, I must pay a fine of $1300 for the citation. I need only know, if I may receive amnesty on the $1300? I am on disability after having surgery one one knee and awaiting surgery for the other. Please provide me with the answer!
Expert:  Patience replied 2 years ago.

Hi-

Unfortunately, the program only applies to moving violations that are NOT drunken or reckless driving and NOT parking tickets, and the amnesty only applies to citations that were supposed to be paid before Jan. 1, 2009. I would suggest calling the helpline at 211, alternate number(NNN) NNN-NNNN to find out if there are any other programs to help you.

Even if this is not the answer you were hoping for, please click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work. Then let me know if you have any further questions.

Take care, Patience P.

Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience: MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences