SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I have a truck that was not registerd for 3 years and DMV does

I have a truck that was not registerd for 3 years and DMV does not show a non op that i know i did and now wants all the reg money for the past 3 years
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 4 years ago.
Hi what state are you in, and do you have your receipt or payment confirmation to prove that you paid?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No records of payments on my end the truck is in California
Do you have your non-operating registration?

How did you pay?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im sure i paid by company check but those records have been destroyed. And I know i did it at the dmv counter. The truck is only worth 2500.00 and they want 2600.00 in registration
Ok. So the reasonable step at this point will be approaching your bank and having them find all the checks that was paid to the California DMV. If your company has dissolved, you can find this via your old EIN or your Social Security Number. The routing number will be on the check if you do not have this in your checkbook at this point. Cross reference the company check number that the bank finds that was paid to the DMV, the DMV's bank will then have a corresponding deposit number for the amount and the service. This will be your onus of proof of registration of the non-operational registration.

If any of this is unclear please let me know.