SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

how do i find the old owners to get a dup. title

Category: General
Expert:  jpolicky replied 4 years ago.
depending on the unit i maybe able to get you the original owners info. what is the Year, make and model of the unit
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
one is a 1979 suzuki gs550e seral no 707122 . the other one is a cb 650 honda l'll get the info on it later today
Expert:  jpolicky replied 4 years ago.
Those are to old to have in the manufacture data base. the other thing i would try is you local DMV.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i tried them no help.there is a web sight for people like law and towing but not me need some help ( anybody)
Expert:  jpolicky replied 4 years ago.

will they do a bonded title for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i tried them (no help) law and towing co. have web sight but not for me.(help anybody)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  jpolicky replied 4 years ago.

do not think any of the experts in the motorcycle category will have any info on that. I will opt out if their is some in this category that can help.

you may want to try Just Answer legal experts

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for the help
Expert:  jpolicky replied 4 years ago.
sure wished i had the info you needed. sorry
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still waiting
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.
Hello, How did you come in possession of the motorcycles and in what state do you think they were titled?
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 4 years ago.
To find the owner of this particular bike you must approach your local DMV with an appropriate reason to find the last know person titled to the vehicle.

DMV - Vehicle ownership is considered public record so requesting information is possible but beware you may be charged a fee, similar to other information requests from a DMV. There must be a reason, a impound yard, a creditor, if you are the owner or acting for the registered owner for example you will need a notarized statement. Lost title might be considered reasonable as well.

All of these laws may have slight variation depending on the state you are in but typically you need an appropriate reason to access the owner's information. There is sometimes a fee depending on the reason given.

I would recommend approaching the local DMV with the information on the bike you have, explaining your situation and mention to them you would like to title the bike.

As long as it is a good enough reason, there is a good chance the DMV should be able to title the bikes as if the title was "lost" similar to a car, with the same fees for a title, of course depending on the state.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist