JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
Type Your Question Here...

Does it cost $3000 for a Russian citizen to go through customs

Does it cost $3000 for a Russian citizen to go through customs when leaving the country?
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Please clarify: are you being asked to give someone money so that they can clear through customs?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I was told by somebody, they had to show they had $3000, in order to pass through customs leaving Russia. Some sort of terrorist thing.
Thank you. That is not true. If anything, I would say that someone is trying to scam you out of money.

For example, that is a classic line/tactic used in online romance scams.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the homepage.