Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Type Your Question Here...

I am running an outdoor event that 3000 people will be attending.

I am running an outdoor event that 3000 people will be attending. In the past, we've had huge problems with the line up. Typically, in the later part of the night, 2000 people will show up and attempt to get through the line. We are required by law to check every persons ID, search their bags and pat them down. This creates a bottle neck. I'm looking for a better solution to get people through as quick as possible.
Category: General
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
What type of event is this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's a barbeque/DJ event. A student group that I am in puts it on. Our main revenue earning event for the year, provides our operating budget for other events. There's live DJ's, alcohol tents, and food. As mentioned, about 3000 university aged people attend, and it aims to raise about $25,000 CDN.
Thank you for the additional information:

There are ultimately 2 approaches to reducing lines; increase the number of people screening those attending the event OR have people arrive in a less concentrated rush.

One approach might be to give special prize drawings throughout the event. You must be in attendance to win the prize. The "best" prizes would be awarded earlier in the evening, preventing the "last minute rush"