SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

this is question for a neurologistwhat are the different

Customer Question

this is question for a neurologist

what are the different effects of the different lysergides. how many different lysergides do you know of?
Category: General
Expert:  Camille-Moderator replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please pass this question on to a qualified expert and thanks in advance.

Thank you. Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly:-)

Expert:  Louise Sivak replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Please detail what you mean by "lysergides", and likely you will get an Expert to reply. This term is not in Medline.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when i say lysergides i mean the psychedelic drug abbreviated as lsd and colloquially refered to as acid. there are different types of this drug and i want to know about he differing affects of the chemical varieties of this drug. A psychedelic drug informed chemist is the best person to answer this question and i realize it challenging but if you can refer me to a competent specialist, possessing the expertise that i have described myself requiring, and they are up to the challenge of answering this important question of mine then i would greatly appreciate the assistance and would love to give you an except for simply referring me to that particular specialist.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 2 years ago.
Now that a moderator has moved this back to general I will try my best to help provide an answer for you. My name is Mike.

Lysergide is used to describe what you have already mentioned as LSD, lysergic acid- diethylamide. This is not to be confused with lysergamides which are slightly different because of their amide functional groups(hence the name), which are partially naturally occurring in a few plant and fungal species.

So the effects of LSD(lysergide) are relatively large in numbers. The effects tend to last around 8-14 hours, depending on the amount taken and the user's bodyweight.

Physical effects of LSD on the body are relatively variable that include both rises and depressions of body temperature, increases in heart rate, sweat rate, blood pressure and other physiological responses of the sympathetic nervous system. It can also. The psychological effects of LSD are as widely variable as the physical and sensory effects. Again dependent on user bodyweight and the amount used, users typically experience changes in time perception, changes in emotional responses, as well as a blend of sensory to psychological distortions including visual and auditory hallucinations.

With repeated use LSD users report a "separation" from their typical environment and report a general change in demeanor and often personality both on and off the drug. One of the largest variable facets that would potentially influence a user's on-drug experiences is their state of mind before, during and after using the drug, as well as the environment during the on-drug experience. For example, a person that is nervous about the consequences of illegal use of the drug may experience extreme paranoia that is amplified in a cyclic manner. On the other hand a person using LSD in an open calm environment would more than likely with experience a positive on-drug experience. This is not always true in either case.

Sensory effects and distortions are some of the most talked about effects lysergide has on the body. LSD users are known to report vivid color changes both with open and closed eyes, intense patterns and visual "rhythms" that are a blend of auditory and visual inputs resulting in synaesthesia and auditory and visual distortion. These are extremely variable as well depending on emotional state, memory recollection and a host of other factors.

Due to the large variation in environment, drug dose, user bodyweight, as well as emotional state and a myriad of other factors, a user's experience on LSD is highly variable that is further influenced with the blend of sensory hallucinations during the on-drug experience. It can result in a very pleasant, highly vivid sensory and emotional experience, however it can also result in an extremely negative, terrifying experience further worsened by negative visual and auditory hallucinations.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist