Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...

How to get rid of Flying nats inside house in texas, from

How to get rid of Flying nats inside house in texas, from banannas or anything sweet left over, after elimating the coke cans and trash.
Category: General
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

Even though gnats are harmless, they can really be a nuisance. As you stated, they are attracted by rotten food and fruits.

Here is one method you might try to get rid of a larger number. Take a jar and fill it almost to the top with vinegar (they are attracted to the smell of vinegar). Poke some small holes in the top of the jar. The gnats will be able to get it but will not be able to get out and will drown in the vinegar. Best to put this behind something or out of sight as it can fill up relatively quickly if you have a larger number.

However, to prevent them, you need to get rid of the sources and that is done through sanitation and cleaning methods.

If you need followup, just hit reply. Please be sure to hit ACCEPT so I receive credit for my help today.

Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What are other good clean methods, due to many teenagers, coke cans, in bedrooms andvfast food, even when everything is perfect, the kirs mess it up fast. V Also, can you use plastic tubs or bowls with lids , instead of jars or do jars work better.
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

Plastic tubs will work as well. You can also mix a little dawn detergent in with the vinegar as well.

Unfortunately, as long as you have these messes, you are likely to continue to have the gnats crop up from time to time.

Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do jars work better, than plastic, is it better with a lid or is no lid , ok ?
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

Jars are probably better. Those are what I have seen used but I would think that the plastic would also work and are usually more readily available. Although a pickle jar or such would work.

:-)

Mr. Gregory White, Teacher