Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

If TruLites basic production employee receives an hourly wage

If TruLite's basic production employee receives an hourly wage of Comp = $5.00 + .10 Q in which Q is the number of light switches installed per hour, then
Category: General
Expert:  NY Eng replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX question appears to have gotten cut off, could you repaste the entire question? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If TruLite's basic production employee receives an hourly wage of Comp = $5.00 + .10 Q in which Q is the number of light switches installed per hour, then: Answer
$5.00 is the basic incentive to produce.
Q is completely dependent on random elements in the production system.
$0.10 is the incentive to increase effort.
effort is unimportant in this production system.
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

The answer here is

the first option is not the incentive, it is the base pay ($5.00)

Q is not dependent - it is the independent variable and is the number that is produced

effort is important in this system - the effort determines the pay amount for each employee

So, $0.10 is the incentive to increase effort. is the correct answer.

Please be sure to hit ACCEPT and feel free to request me anytime.

Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If TruLite's basic production employee receives an hourly wage of Comp = $5.00 + .10 Q in which Q is the number of light switches installed per hour, then:
Answer
the employee can remain completely risk-averse.
the employee must accept risk of production variability.
output becomes a subjective measure of performance.
there are no compensating differentials.
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

Hello again, sorry about the short delay as I was traveling home. I am home now so if you have more you can post them.

The answer to this one is

Please be sure to hit ACCEPT so I receive credit. I look forward to continuing to help you with future questions.

:-)

Mr. Gregory White, Teacher