Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Is there such a thing as a "Boarding Passenger Travel Allowance"

Is there such a thing as a "Boarding Passenger Travel Allowance" required of persons travelling from South Africa to the USA? It has been told to me that either Immigration. Customs, or the State Department requires this?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

No, there is no such thing as a "Boarding Passenger Travel Allowance" required of people traveling from South Africa to the U.S. If you or someone you know personally, has been asked to pay this, it is a well-known scam to try to get money out of people and it would be advisable not to send money to the person asking for it, especially if you only know this person through the internet.

If you need additional information, please let me know by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,