Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...

I moved into newyork from massathsetts. I got newyork insurance.

Customer Question

I moved into newyork from massathsetts. I got newyork insurance. Do I need to change my plate and registration to newyork. If so, how soon?
Category: General
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

educatortech :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X am happy to help you today

educatortech :

Yes, you do need to change your plate and registration to new york

educatortech :

Technically you have 30 days, but that is not a hard deadline - if you have been there longer than 30 days though, you should plan to get in as soon as possible to get it registered there

educatortech :

You will need to actually visit the DMV there to do this process - it cannot be done online - they need to do a VIN check of the vehicle during the process and that has to be done in person.

educatortech :

If you need further followup, just reply back

educatortech :

Please be sure to hit ACCEPT as that is the only way I receive credit for my help today. Have a wonderful week!

Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know what happen if I do not change it? in 30days?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing will happen right away. The only thing you are facing is a citation if you end up getting pulled over for something and they notice that your license has been registered in the state and the car has not been registered.