Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Years ago there was a company that had discontinued yarns.

Years ago there was a company that had discontinued yarns. I am looking for 2 100gram balls of Patons Pure Wool Aran Yarn. Is there anywhere that I could buy these 2 balls of wool yarn
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

You mentioned a company that carried discontinued yarns; do you know that the Patton Pure Wool Aran yarn is discontinued at this time?

Are you only looking to buy it locally, from a shop in your area, or would you be willing to order it online, possibly from the U.S., if not able to be found in Canada?

Would another, similar Aran wool yarn made by a different company be okay?

What color are you looking for?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried to get Patons wool as I knitted an aran style sweater about 10 years ago and needed about 2 balls of 100 grams to finish the front bands and collar. I was unable to get that in Ottawa at that time. I have tried several yarns since but the colour is a poor match and/or the weight of the wool is wrong. In my old knitting book ther is an email address which I haven't tried -
Hi again, and thanks very much for your reply with additional information.

Yes, I found Patton's website and searched wool yarns, below. See if any of these will suffice:

I also found this: at this site: scroll down to 'Aran weight' product number '079' 100% wool and you can order from there, if this is what you need.

Please let me know if this information has helped you or if you need me to research further for you.

If you need additional information, please let me know by clicking 'Reply'.

Only if you found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT; this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept' and you will not incur any additional charge).

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,