Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

Hi, I was wondering about medical insurance. I am currently

Hi, I was wondering about medical insurance. I am currently laid off and have no coverage. In my search for insurance I found catastrophic insurance at a reasonable rate but it is a year policy only. I am a very healthy individual and have really only used my insurance for annual's a the occasional mishap (cutting my hand) Do you know a a good cheaper personal insurance I could get. I'm a 44 year old female!
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Do you have any pre existing health conditions?

Do you take any medications?

How long have you been without health insurance?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, No, since September 30th!
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

There are several ways to go with health insurance. Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna and most of the big companies will give you a personal health insurance policy HMO or PPO if there is not pre existing condition.

If you want something that is not a major medical insurance, but an interim coverage there are companies that offer X amounts of visits with no deductable and if you need Hospital they pay a percentage of the bill. The ER Deductable is $100. I personally had to take that type insurance for 6 months due to pre existing conditions and could not get a regular coverage. Once I have had this for 6 months I can apply for a different policy.

There are a couple of Companies that offer this minor type covereage: Defined Health One Multi Plan is one. It is directed by American Medical and Life Insurance Company 1-800-290-3869 or you can check out USA Select Choice owned by Beech Street 1-877-693-9091.

The price on these plans run in the $200-$300 range a month charged to your bank checking account or a credit card. This is the cheapest way to have some type of coverage for minor issue you may encounter. Joan