JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
Type Your Question Here...

I need advice regarding check new employee candidate refer

I need advice regarding check new employee candidate references
Category: General
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Please clarify: what information are you seeking?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The main problem is that it's hard to find much out about prospective employee from references these days. Most larger companies won't tell you anything besides verification of employment.
Sure I can talk to personal references or former coworkers but you can't trust them to be unbiased.
We do a complete background check but that doesn't show anything about employee work habits, attitude etc..
I am trying to be careful because a few employs I have hire have turned out to end in horror stories.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX can appreciate that frustration. However, I am not clear on what information are you seeking from JustAnswer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would appreciate any advice you might have that might help me learn more about the character and work habits etc. of the prospective employee. Otherwise I am just flying bling - I have gone by my gut feeling before and ended up regreting it.
Have you heard of or considered having applicants take a Behavior Assessment test?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I have never heard of that.

Is that something I can find online or can you recommend something more specifically?
You will want to work with a local company that specializes in creating behavior assessment tests which are customized for your particular line of work. Once you've decided who you want to interview, you can have those candidates take the test prior to the interview. This way, you are learning more about them in a way that cannot be manipulated by others.

You will also see a number of companies online who offer this type of testing.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.