Patience
Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
61840635
Type Your Question Here...

I have a Hilka safe and have been using it for the past few

I have a Hilka safe and have been using it for the past few years. This morning I am unable to open it. Please help.
Category: General
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Patience replied 5 years ago.

Hi- Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

Sorry for your problems with the safe! Unfortunately, with this model, when the batteries become completely depleted for an extended time the safe will not retain your code.

You should first check and see whether the batteries are your only problem. You can test this by removing the batteries for 24 hours and then putting those back in or replacing them with new ones. You will then have to use the instructions (below) to reset the PIN code. If that does not work, then your best bet may be to contact a locksmith to open the safe.

On the other hand, if you are feeling ambitious and handy, you can attempt to drill out the lock. This is tricky and it may take some time to do properly. Instructions and replacement locks (stock code # XXXXX) are available from the manufacturer's website: http://www.hilka.co.uk/.

If you need further customer support for this item, you can contact the Helpline at Hilka Pro Imports, 020 83916767 or email them [email protected] Keep in mind that for security reasons, Hilka will not furnish replacement keys, and you will be asked to provide identification information. I am hoping that you will be able to relieve your predicament via one of these methods.

Please let me know if you need further clarification! Click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience: MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Expert:  Patience replied 5 years ago.

Hi! Please let me know if you need further info or clarification, and click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work.

Again, thank you for using Just Answer!