Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Embroidery hoop cork has been flattened any way to expand or

Embroidery hoop cork has been flattened any way to expand or restore the cork? Have been told to soak the hoops in water or set them on fire. Water is reported to be temporary and fire doesn't sound like the results would be good for the cloth that would come in contact with the hoop in use after the fire.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Unfortunately, there is no way to restore the cork to it's original form if it has been flattened. The two suggestions you received will not be effective. Wetting the cork will make it expand temporarily and when it dries, it will contract back to it's original shape.

Setting the cork on fire will only result in burnt cork.

I'm afraid you'll need to replace the flattened embroidery hoops. Sorry I couldn't give you better news.

If you need additional information, please let me know by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher