JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
14211116
Type Your Question Here...

My passport is under my maiden name. I have since gotten married

My passport is under my maiden name. I have since gotten married and is now getting a divorce. Can I travel with my passport or do I have to have the name changed in my passport in order to travel. I will have to change everything back again to my maiden name once I'm divorced anyway.
I may have to travel days from now since my father is very sick in the Philippines.
Category: General
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Did you have your drivers license changed after you got married?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. My driver's license is under my married name since I am still married to my husband at this time.
Then, yes, you will have to have your passport changed. Your passport, drivers license, and social security number must all be under the same name.

The process for doing that name change for your passport is explained by the Department of State here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/correcting/ChangeName/ChangeName_851.html

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.