Mark, eConsultant
Experience:  General Expert
Type Your Question Here...

How do you convert Tonnes per to Gallons per hour ( Diesel

How do you convert Tonnes per to Gallons per hour ( Diesel fuel)?
Category: General
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.
I've done some research on this for you and the following explanation might help answer your question.

"There are 1000 kilograms (kg) in a metric ton (or tonne). And there are about 0.264 gallons in a litre. Also, the density of diesel fuel is right at about 0.85 kilograms per litre. Since you have a metric ton of diesel fuel, that is 1000 kilograms of diesel fuel, you need to know how many litres of diesel fuel you have. Divide 1000 kg by 0.85 kg/litre and you'll get about 1176.5 litres. Now convert that to gallons by multiplying 1176.5 litres by 0.264 gallons/litre and you'll get about 310.6 gallons of diesel fuel in that metric ton you started with."

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.