Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...

Why can we see the moon during the day sometimes?

Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.

Actually, the moon is visible almost every day during daylight for several hours. When it's a full moon, we only see it at night because it's exactly opposite the sun in the sky, putting it below the horizon during the day. When it's a new moon, it is too close to the sun in the sky for us to see it in the daytime. The rest of the month, it is visible for part of each day. Its light, which is a reflection of the sun's light, is bright enough to be seen through the scattered light of the daytime sky. You can read more extensively about this here:

If you have more questions, let me know by clicking on REPLY.

(If you find my answer helpful, please click on the green ACCEPT button. Thank you.)