Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Type Your Question Here...

Does anyone know of a good ski resort in Scotland that has

Does anyone know of a good ski resort in Scotland that has decent ski slopes covered by artificial snow if there isn't real snow? Maybe an unusual question but I am really struglling to find somewhere. Thanks

Patience :

Hi- Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question.

There are five main ski resorts in Scotland - Cairngorm, Glenshee and The Lecht resorts can be found in the Grampian mountain range, while the Nevis Range and Glencoe resorts are situated in the west of Scotland near Ben Nevis. Only two of these areas currently have snow-making capabilities.

Glenshee is located close to Royal Deeside and the Queen's 'Summer residence' at Balmoral castle. It is Scotland’s largest ski resort and has beginner to advanced slopes. Glenshee has seven artificial snow-making cannons

The Lecht ski centre is somewhat remote, lying about 90 minutes from Aberdeen in the eastern Cairngorms. It is best suited for beginners and intermediates, and tends to be more family-oriented. The longest run, the Harrier, stretches for about half a mile. The resort has six artificial snow cannons.

If you want to try out the great indoors when there’s not much snow out of doors you can check out the SNO!zone at Xscape Braehead It is part of a large retail development just outside of Glasgow. It has a 200 meter snow slope covered over with tons of fresh snow.

I'm happy to answer further questions on this if needed. Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Hi and thanks. Have you been to any of these yourself maybe?

Patience :

Hi again-

Sorry, I am more of a local yokel. Try the snowheads. These guys give a good perspective:

Please be sure to click on ACCEPT Thanks, Patience

Great, thanks for that!