Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

I need a good collard green recipe and a fried chicken recipe.

I need a good collard green recipe and a fried chicken recipe. And oh yea throw in a hush puppy recipe too.
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Paula Deen is owner of a restaurant and is well known for her Southern Cooking. She became a Food Network star because of the simplicity of her recipes and her down home style. Her Restaurant The Lady and Sons is in Georgia and is very well known for the Country Cuisine and her Fried Chicken and Collard Greens.

I find Paula Dean's Recipes very good and very easy to use. This is the one for collard Greens:

This link has Fried Chicken Recipes. Some are pan fried, some are deep fried and some are oven fried Chicken. The best thing is to go through the recipes and decide which sound good to you and season to taste:

My personal favorite is a buttermilk and flour batter fried chicken because it holds the moisture in the chicken so when you cut into it, the white meat is not dried out.

For hush puppies this link will help:

I hope this helps and that you enjoy your meal! Joan