JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
14211116
Type Your Question Here...

If I have already passed certain courses in college through

If I have already passed certain courses in college through an accredited school and i am going to transfer to another college, can they make me retake classes that I have already completed
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

A college does not have a legal obligation to accept/recognize the credits earned at a different institution. So, yes, they can require that certain courses be re-taken.

This is why it's so important to carefully evaluate things before deciding what college to transfer to and to learn, for certain, which of your courses credits they will accept in the transfer. Each college is different.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.